Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let Me Take You Higher...



To the next stop on the tour...

Which is an epic view over the historic city of Warsaw in Poland photographed from the 70 meter high Bell Tower of St. Anne's Church that overlooks the vibrant Castle Square.

You can see the Warsaw Castle off to the right here and rising high above the old town, the green roof of St. John's Cathedral just to the left of it.

While I was up in the tower shooting it started to rain really hard, thank heavens there was a roof over my head, so I decided to stay put and keep on shooting these stunning views till the rain stopped. Unfortunately for me it didn't look like the rain was going to let up, it was raining for like 20 minutes with no end in sight (and from my great vantage point no end in sight was for a long time) So I headed down and started to make my way back to the hostel. Of course I was disappointed, this was such a unique and colourful city and I was hoping to get some shots at sunset and during the blue hour.

Upset, I walked down the steps of the bell tower and listened to the rain ruin my one night in Warsaw, then I turned and headed towards the cable cars. =(

All of a sudden like a gift from the heavens the sky opened up and the sun started to pour over and set on the city. What luck!! Could you believe it?! So of course I continued to shoot for the remainder of the night with a huge smile on my face!! =)

So in my next few photographs you will follow me on a night to remember and say goodbye to Warsaw with me.


Till next time, enjoy the view from here in LARGE. No HDR or Blending used here, just added some contrast/saturation and brightened it in Camera RAW



________________________________
See exactly where this picture was taken. [?]


No comments:

Post a Comment